Spectrum Soho Trans* Group Launch
Friday 4th December, 7-9pm
We are thrilled to announce that we’ve been given the opportunity to create a new trans* social and support group right in the heart of Soho. We’ll be holding the group at St Anne’s Church, 55 Dean Street, W1D 6AF.
The group launch will occur on Friday 4th December 2015, 7-9pm, and you are all warmly invited to celebrate with us and give your input on what you’d like to see at the group moving forwards. There’ll also be refreshments, and a number of food and drink establishments open around the area to head to afterwards if you wish!
At each group there’ll be opportunities to:
– meet other people from the trans, non-binary, agender and gender variant communities
– discover trans* oriented events and ways to get involved further in the communities
– take part in interesting workshops, outings, and discussions at each group (from January)
– browse our selection of information and support resources
– access basic one-to-one support via our designated Trans* Outreach Workers by appointment
– access peer-to-peer sexual health support and rapid HIV testing by appointment through Spectrum’s parent organisation Spectra
The group will be open to:
* all people who identify or have identified with umbrella terms like ‘trans’, ‘non-binary’, ‘gender variant’, and ‘agender’;
* all people questioning and/or exploring their gender identities;
* respectful partners, friends, families, and allies of the above-mentioned people.
If you and/or anyone you know is interested in coming, please RSVP to email@example.com for catering purposes (and let us know if you have any dietary requirements).
Many thanks for reading, and we’re really excited to welcome you all!
All the very best,
The Spectrum Team
You can also help in creating this positive new space for trans* people by forwarding this invitation far and wide to anyone you think might be interested – your help getting the message out there will contribute to the group’s success and will ensure we can continue to offer spaces like this and support services to all those who need them in the future, so it’s always hugely appreciated.
We’re already planning a great programme of events, workshops, performances, talks, and outings for the year ahead, so if you’re not already part of our email list email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to join and we’ll keep you updated about everything we’ve got coming up!
Subsequent groups from January 2016 will occur on the first Thursday of every month at the same venue and times as above, so the next six months of dates will be as follows:
* 7th January 2016
* 4th February
* 3rd March
* 7th April
* 5th May
* 2nd June